SoulPeaceProject is a program devoted to a more peaceful and loving world through our connection to inner peace. Its focus is on the youth of our communities supporting them in:
- Greater awareness of their emotions and feelings and how they affect behavior and decision making
- Learning to trust their own wisdom
- Communicating with clarity, kindness, and confidence
- Channeling energy into focused, positive action
- Nurturing a positive sense of self
- Implementing coping strategies during stressful or challenging times
- Learning peace building strategies
Modalities used are Music (drumming, voice, improvisation, lyric discussion, and songwriting), mindfulness, meditation, movement and integration of conflict resolution skills.
This program can culminate with a group concert/performance, community service act or inservice/workshop.
SoulPeaceProject reinforces the belief that each persons voice matters in the Stand for Peace and that by creating peace within we can bring peace without!